Our client is looking for a Full Time Experienced Carpenter/Flooring to join there team. Specialize in high end interior and exterior finish carpentry. We require 5 years of experience, and most importantly, we are looking for carpenters that can work well by themselves, or in a team environment.
You shall have reasonable communication skills, as you will represent your employer on client’s sites.
Your duties will include some of these tasks:
- Go through the projected development aria with plans, blueprints or design drafts to estimate the job and evaluate what must be done.
- Estimate what sort of materials and quantity of materials required to meet the requirements of Auckland City Council and customers/as per specification provided.
- Installation of structures, fixtures, windows, panels.
- Cut the wood, plastic, metal, or shapes according to the measurements.
- Construct GIB board, wall panels, floors and door frames.
- Demolish the existing bathrooms, floors, cabinets and replace with new.
- Meet the deadlines of projects
- Prepare the sub floor and main floor for coverings like carpet, vinyl and timber and tiles.
- Mixing the adhesives according to the floor condition and the type of flooring.
- Preparing timber skirting or stone skirting.
- Make sure Health and Safety rules and regulations are observed at all times.
- Vinyl coving and carpet smooth edges installation.
- Removing old floor and fixing the floor problems
- Working with decking timber and replace damaged timber with new timber.
- Handling the project and meet the requirements of clients.
The employer provides a great remuneration package for a suitable applicant.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “Flooring” in the reference line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com