Our client has 4 vacancies for a Fabricator Welder – Structural Steel specialist in Auckland. Specialised structural steel fabrication and installation company, running great crews on varied and interesting projects.
Applicants need to have trade qualification and a fantastic attitude for work, who has a willingness to get stuck in and add value with a supportive team and management looking out for you every step of the way!
In this role your hard work will be rewarded, including being part of a great team based on site and having access to future growth opportunities.
Your job will include site based steel erection, health and safety awareness, quality checks and operating equipment.
To be suitable you should come with:
- 6+ months rigging experience (preferably within structural steel)
- Class 2 license – Hiab truck (desirable, but not essential)
- Experience working at heights
- A good attendance record
- A commitment to health and safety
- The ability to follow plans, instructions and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Over 5 years of structural steel welding/fabricating experience
Fabricator Welder Job Description:
Fabrication of structural steel and components such as beams, post and portal frames.
- General welding, steel maintenance, steel fabrication onsite.
- Cutting marked out sections using hand and electrical tools and metal cutting machines.
- Using MiG and Arc welding, gas cutting, drilling for fabrication of components.
- Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal components for accuracy and correct tolerances.
- Examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision.
- Finishing products by cleaning, finishing and polishing.
- Cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding.
- Operating Amanda Bandsaw, Radial Drill, 65 Ton Punch and Cropper.
- Selection of material, stock control and nesting.
- Can read engineering drawings and understand engineering symbols.
- Can put components together as per given drawings and weld.
- Can safely use electrical tools required to carry out the task.
- Can go to site to do site erections and welds. Site installation
- Have rigging Experience.
- Can drive and operate a Hiab Truck
- Class 2 Drivers License
Attention to detail, high personal standards of work and efficiency will be sought after qualities. Strong interpersonal skills and a team orientation are essential.
To apply for this role, please submit a covering letter and any other relevant document to email@example.com.
Please write in reference line of email application “Fabricator/Welder Structural steel Specialist”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org