19 April, 2016
Learn How to Get Yourself a Great CV For the NZ Market.
CVs and cover letters
Having a good CV and cover letter can be crucial in getting the job you want. If an employer likes what they read in your CV and cover letter, they’ll have you come in for an interview. Find out what you should include in your CV and cover letters, refer to our examples, and use our templates and tools to create your own documents.
In this section
- CVs – getting started
- The purpose of a CV is to get you an interview. It needs to show what you can do, and why you are a good fit for an employer. Learn more about what your CV should look like, and what information to include.
- Parts of a CV
- Find out about the sections that make up a CV and what information to include in each of them.
- CV and cover letter templates
- Use these downloadable templates to create your own CV or cover letter. You can also look at examples of completed CVs and cover letters to help you personalise your own documents.
- Putting transferable skills into your CV
- Transferable skills are skills that are useful for a range of positions, and can be transferred into different job areas. Depending on what Auckland, job you’re going for, you should highlight different transferable skills in your CV.
- How to write a cover letter
- Always include a cover letter when sending your CV out to employers. A good cover letter should make an employer interested enough to read your application thoroughly, and call you for an interview. Here are some tips to help you.
- Application forms
- Get tips on filling out electronic and hardcopy job application forms.
- Source: http://goo.gl/81Ml0e